It’s safe to say that theClosetCraze is a fashion blog… Right? But that doesn’t mean that I don’t have style when it comes to my home. Having just moved into my first apartment this year, I thought I’d show you guys some things I have in my home that make it a little cozier and little more stylish.
1. Crosley Record Player – This record player was given to me for Christmas and it’s probably my favorite thing ever. Sure, the sound quality isn’t amazing, but for certain records it just works. I have a grand total of two albums right now, but I’ll collect more! The way I see it, you either have to start with a bunch of albums and no player, or a player with no albums.
2. Maggie Boyd Ceramics Hanging Planter – I’m saving this goodie until my next apartment, where hopefully I’ll get more natural light, but I seriously don’t know if I can wait that long… Maybe I’ll buy a fake plant? Either way this planter is gorgeous and is going to add a ton of life to whatever room it’ll be put to use in.
3. Woodlot Candle – This coconut wax candle is seriously heaven. I think the scent I have is called “Cascadia,” and it’s a very masculine candle scent, which I love. According to my brother, it “smells like Vancouver,” which is cool, because I like my hometown very much. I don’t know why, but I’m really into masculine scented candles… Check P.F. Candle Co.’s “Teakwood and Tobacco” candle!
4. “Rumours,” by Fleetwood Mac; Vinyl – An excellent choice for my first vinyl record. I’m not going to do an album review, because all that needs to be said is that this album is one of the best.
5. Dr. Bronner’s Castille Soap – It’s the 18-in-1 soap, and it smells like roses. This soap is actually miraculous. Made from all sorts of natural oils and other ingredients, it not only cleans but keeps you baby-soft! Or, if you want, you can use it to clean kitchen surfaces, your dog – just about anything.
6. 33 Acres Community Journal – Okay, you can’t buy this. But this zine-like publication by 33 Acres brewery needed to be included. Each issue of the small publication discusses several joys of life, and looks cool while doing it.
7. Rolling Stone; Keith Richards – This special edition of Rolling Stone curated all the best articles about the start guitarist of the Rolling Stones. It’s awesome, and I once spent an entire afternoon pouring over its pages. *Also a great conversation starter.*
8. Reversible Bamboo Candlestick Holder – A dual-sided candlestick holder.. Genius! This cute little holder has two sides, different thicknesses, for whatever candle you might be feeling that particular evening. It’s just really cute and really useful.